Off Duty Blue's Finest
The technology community has ignored our first responders. We're working every day to change that
Off Duty Blue started during a Monday Night Football commercial break when two of our founders, Jim Raschella and Mark Grady, saw a piece of news about 4 local Sheriff’s Deputies charged with falsifying timesheets for security details worked for the local bus company. Jim looked to Mark who also worked as a deputy at the department in question, to ask what was going on. Apparently, the officers thought they were supposed to be providing the security in one place, while the bus company thought they should be in another, and without any formal system to keep track of detail requests, a simple misunderstanding resulted in the deputies’ mug shots featured on the nightly news. “There had to be a better way.”
While searching for this “better way”, they realized how archaic public safety software really was and made it their mission to redesign public safety scheduling software from the ground up, starting with off-duty detail scheduling.
Not long after launching this mission they realized neither one of them could build software and Ryan Andreotta joined the team as the third founder and CTO to help turn scribbles on a notebook into an easy to use application used by departments all over the country.
WHAT WE STAND FOR
At Off Duty Blue, our mission is to create simple, innovative solutions worthy of the first responders that use them.
- Build human relationships, not customer relationships
- Collaborate rather than negotiate
- Work as a team. If only one person has worked on a project, it’s not finished yet
- Innovation never stops
- “Semper Gumby.” Things rarely go as planned, plan for that
- When given the opportunity, fail fast
- Create solutions with shared value rather than specific purposes
- Favor flexibility over optimization
- Never forget that simplicity is mandatory
- Take a step back, look at the big picture
- Stay humble, no one is above taking out the trash
- Always go to happy hour. (but, don’t drink and drive)
Co-Founder & Chief Executive Officer
Co-Founder & Chief Technology Officer
Co-Founder & Chief Operations Officer